GROUP FARM TOURS
Download our brochure: TOUR
The Gibson family has always focused on the care and comfort of our dairy animals and a visit to the farm shows this! Located just northeast of Walton, Kentucky, Ed-Mar Dairy is a mix of old time tradition and the very latest dairy production technology. The cows enjoy stalls with fresh bedding. High volume fans to keep them cool on hot days. Top quality chopped corn and sweet smelling alfalfa hay, mixed with a nutritionally balanced blend of grains containing minerals and vitamins, delivered twice daily for free-choice consumption. On sunny days the cows have access to the lush hills of the Gibson farm. And besides lots of baby calves with their own little “calf” houses, there are also bee hives to see where we collect our honey.
“Thanks for allowing us to come and learn about the dairy farm. Had a wonderful time! Got some great cheese and honey! We’ll be back!”
But the most important aspect for the high-pedigreed Holstein cows on our farm is access to the milking machine at their choosing. Our dairy features Kentucky’s first robotic milking facility used to collect the high quality milk for making our delicious cheeses. What once was time-consuming, monotonous, back-breaking work is done with a robot that senses and records everything we need to know about the cows’ eating habits and milk production.
Please call 859-620-1860 to set up a tour.
SCHEDULE + HOURS
Mon-Fri: 10 am & 1 pm
Saturday: 10 am only
We accommodate special time requests. Please inquire about a time that fits your schedule best.
- Tour: $7.00 per person
- Hayride: $3.00 per person
o 10 person minimum
o One free adult for every 20 children
o Children 2 and under are free
(Admission collected at check in)
Email: [email protected]
INCLUDED IN YOUR TOUR
1. Tour our barn – Meet our herd of cows, see where they live, sleep and eat and learn about how we care for them.
2. See our robotic milker – “Pearl” was the first robotic milker in the state of Kentucky. Watch her milk our cows in live action.
3. Feed our calves – Bottle feed our baby cows (calves) and learn about their special care.
4. EAT – Sample our delicious farmstead cheeses and local honey.
Cheese & honey will be available for purchase.
5. Optional $3 Hayride – Take a fun hayride around our beautiful farm. Learn our family’s history and about the crops we grow to help feed our cows.
(Tours with Hayride last about 1.5 hours)
on Good Friday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve or New Years Day.
- The tour takes place on gravel and dirt surfaces.
- Smoking is allowed in designated gravel area only.
- For the welfare of our farm animals, NO OUTSIDE PETS ARE ALLOWED.
1034 Walton Nicholson Road
Walton, KY 41094
CONNECT WITH US
WE ARE KENTUCKY PROUD
Kentucky Proud stands for foods and products with roots in Kentucky soil. Kentucky Proud foods are raised, grown, or processed in Kentucky by Kentuckians. You can serve Kentucky Proud foods to your family with the confidence that they came from your friends and neighbors just down the road — not from thousands of miles away.
When you buy a product with the Kentucky Proud label:
- You are buying the freshest, most nutritious food possible.
- You are keeping your dollars close to home.
- You are helping a Kentucky farm family earn a living.
- You are reducing the miles that the food has to travel from the farm to your plate.
My class took a tour of Ed Mar Dairy. The tour was very educational and my students enjoyed learning about the farm. Eddie was very accommodating to my student’s learning needs. He allowed them to see all parts of the operation and answered all questions. He provided us with an amazing hands on educational opportunity and we will definitely return.”
Exceptional Education Teacher
Walton-Verona High School